Dance & Theatre
Children should be involved in at least one art form as it contributes to their happiness. And when combined with learning, it must never be ignored. At ORCHIDS, we believe dance is an integral aspect of a balanced education programme. It is a unique way of enhancing creativity, confidence, and expression in a student. We have introduced an entire curriculum on kinesthetic learning to make sure our students get the best chance at improving their body and mind coordination, bringing a balance to their lives.SBPS Dance Curriculum introduces Physical, Mental and Social Attributes on a wider scale. It teaches them flexibility, strength, endurance, balance coordination, etc. both physically and in terms of a life skill.
SBPS Dance Curriculum(ODC) – PRE-PRIMARY : Curriculum designed for Pre-Primary students includes:
- Motor skills development : Increased range of movement, body awareness & coordination, building muscle memory and flexibility in the students.
- Enhancing creativity and confidence : Provides opportunities to innovate dance moves, promotes free expression of emotion &
opinion, an absolute non-judgmental environment which helps to create confident movers.
- Brain development : Involves movement designed to promote brain development (Brain Dance By Anne Green Gilbert & Carla Hannaford’s Theory of Child Development).
- Kinesthetic learning : Usage of music and lyrics with concepts that are understandable. For example – Story of a tree growing and Introduces a huge bank of movement vocabulary through the concept of Elements of Dance.
- Introducing basic Jazz syllabus : Polishes Good Posture, Performance and introduces Jazz terminology-Jazz fist, blade, hands etc.
To explore and train the bodies, voices, and minds of young artists so that they can communicate and express their ideas and feelings with confidence in different styles and forms. To learn, understand and respect the diverse views and attitudes of people belonging to other cultures, communities, nationalities, faiths, and religions. To contribute to building compassion for the world communities and environment.
Our curriculum aims:
- To nurture learners’ imagination, creative and critical thinking skills.
- To build a community of learners who are continuously hungry for more learning all through their lives. For them ‘more becomes less’.
- To work collaboratively and create an environment of mutual trust, love and respect.
- To empower young theatre learners with the theatre tools to create performances.
- To expose young theatre learners to different theatrical genre, forms and styles.